- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup peeled, chopped carrot
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Ocean Spray® Fresh or Frozen Cranberries OR 3/4 cup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cornbread stuffing
- 1 16-ounce package wild rice, cooked according to package directions
Cook bacon over medium heat in a stockpot until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
Add butter to pan and melt over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add cranberries and chicken broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and add stuffing, wild rice and bacon. Serve immediately.
Makes 14 1/2-cup servings.